Our Projects at the Nigerian Women Association-USA, MD-DC-VA-PA-DE. have the aim to improve lives in the community by promoting:
- Equality in Educational Opportunities for youths and young adults
- Empower youths and young adults through Leadership Programs and Project Initiatives
- Rescue the Abused and Advocate for their rights
- Feeding Programs for the Hungry
- Diminish Cases of Homelessness
- Offer Reliable Aid to Orphans and Desolated Seniors
- Quality Healthcare by Volunteer Medical Professionals
- Empower women to be active participant and change agents in their communities
COMPASSIONATE CENTER, AN AFFILIATE OF LUTHERAN MISSION CENTER
January 2, 2016, Nigerian Women Association-USA, MD-DC-VA-PA-DE visited Fells Point Compassionate Center with boxes of packaged foods, warm clothing, shoes, bags, and personal items.
The coordinator of the center, Ms. Ronnie Bockner and the site Manager, Mr. Gary were very receptive and appreciative of NWAMM‘s kind gesture. They applauded Nigerian Women Association adding that our donation was the largest they have received from one single group.
According to the coordinator, Ms. Ronnie, the homeless and the needy that come to the center also have dire need of personal items such as underwears, jewelries, deodorant, hats, perfumes, scarfs, toothbrush, pastes, and the like.
We were excited about the visitation; a true humbling experience and we look forward to warming their hearts come Easter Season!