Nigerian Women Association USA, MD/DC/VA/PA/Delaware offers various ways to improve the lives of the women in our communities. Some of them include, but are not limited to:
- Equality in educational opportunities for youths and young adults
- Empowering youths and young adults through Leadership Programs and Project Initiatives
- Rescuing the abused and advocating for their rights
- Feeding programs for the hungry
- Diminishing the cases of homelessness
- Offering reliable aid to orphans and desolated seniors
- Offering quality healthcare by volunteer medical professionals
- Empowering women to be active participants and change agents in their communities
FOOD DRIVE AND WARM CLOTHING DONATION TO FELLS POINT
COMPASSIONATE CENTER, AN AFFILIATE OF THE LUTHERAN MISSION CENTER
On January 2, 2016, the Nigerian Women Association USA, MD/DC/VA/PA/Delaware visited Fells Point Compassionate Center with boxes of packaged foods, warm clothing, shoes, bags, and personal items.
Ms. Ronnie Bockner, the coordinator of the center, and Mr. Gary, the site manager, expressed their gratitude and appreciation for the generous gesture. They commended the Nigerian Women Association USA, MD/DC/VA/PA/Delaware, noting that our donation was the largest they had ever received from a single group.
According to the coordinator, Ms. Ronnie, the homeless and the needy that come to the center also have dire need of personal items such as underwear, jewelry, deodorant, hats, perfumes, scarves, toothbrushes, pastes, and the like.
We were excited about the visitation, a truly humbling experience, and we look forward to warming their hearts come Easter Season!